About Michael Breed
For over 25 years this great game of golf has played a starring role in Michael’s personal and professional life. Michael’s recent announcement of the opening of the Michael Breed Golf Academy at Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point is the latest highlight of one of the world’s premier golf instructors. Michael received the highest honor of his career when he was chosen as the PGA’s National Teacher of the Year 2012. It is an award that he holds close to his heart and is very proud to be a PGA Professional for over 20 years now. In 2003, he was selected as a Top 100 Instructor in America by GOLF Magazine. In 2011, Michael was voted into the Top 50 Instructors in America by Golf Digest, now ranking 13th on this exclusive list, and #1 in the state of New York.
Formerly, Michael was the Head Golf Professional at Sunningdale Country Club for 12 years from 2001 – 2012. His experience includes five years as the Head Golf Professional at Birchwood Country Club and Assistant Professional positions at Deepdale Golf Club and Augusta National Golf Club.
In 2008, Michael was asked to become the host for The Golf Fix on Golf Channel. A new instructional show, it originally aired only in the United States. Now in its seventh season, The Golf Fix is one of the most popular original broadcasts for Golf Channel and can be seen in over 80 countries. Michael also hosted The Big Break Academy on Golf Channel and continues to be a part of Golf Channel’s coverage of the Nationwide Tour and PGA Tour serving as an on course commentator, which he has done since 1999. In addition to covering golf for Golf Channel, Michael serves as the Analyst for PGA.com in its coverage of the PGA Championship, PGA Professional National Championship, and The Ryder Cup.
In addition to all of this, Michael has worked with over 30 PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, Nationwide Tour and Senior Tour players. He serves on several boards for the Metropolitan PGA and has for over 10 years. He has represented the PGA of America at the National Golf Day in Washington D.C. for the past three years. He is very involved in charities such as the Folds of Honor, Hope for the Warriors, Wounded Warriors Foundation and Salute Military Golf Association.
- 2012 PGA National Teacher of the Year
- Director of Instruction at the Michael Breed Golf Academy at Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point
- Host of the hit TV Show “The Golf Fix” on the Golf Channel (Live on Mondays at 8 p.m. ET) now in its 7th season
- In September of 2011, his second instructional book The 3-Degree Putting Solution was released through Penguin Group.
- Voted into the Top 50 Instructors in America by Golf Digest ranking 23rd on this exclusive list in 2011.
- Number 2 teacher in the state of New York as ranked by GOLF DIGEST in 2011
- 2009 Metropolitan PGA Teacher of the Year
- In May of 2008, his first instructional book “The Picture-Perfect Golf Swing” was released
- 2006 and 2007 Metropolitan PGA Horton Smith Award Winner
- Randolph-Macon College Hall of Fame Class of 2004
- GOLF MAGAZINE Top 100 Instructor since 2003
- Head Professional at Birchwood Country Club from 1996 – 2001
- 2000 Metropolitan PGA Teacher of the Year
- Worked as an Assistant to Darrell Kestner at Deepdale Golf Club from 1992 – 1995
- Played in the 1994 Greater Hartford Open on the PGA Tour
- Assistant Golf Professional at Augusta National Golf Club from 1990 – 1992
- Played a number of events on the Ben Hogan Tour (now WEB.com Tour) in 1991
- Graduated from Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia in 1985
Michael has worked with many tour pros over the years on the PGA Tour, Web.com Tour (formerly the Nationwide Tour), LPGA and mini tours. Players include: Shaun Micheel, James Vargas, John Kimbell, Meaghan Francella, Jay Williamson, Chris Smith, Kyle Reifers, Chris Parra, Scott Sterling, J.J. Henry, Joe Ogilvie, Bubba Dickerson, Doug Labelle, David Branshaw, Kyle Thompson, Jeff Gove, Tom Byrum, Ron Whittaker, Darron Stiles, Curt Byrum, and Kevin Johnson.